I’m always looking for ways to use up excess zucchinis as when they’re in season in our garden, we pick multiple zucchinis a day!
These grain-free, dairy-free and refined-sugar free zucchini and cacao muffins are deliciously moist and guilt free too, not to mention perfect for school lunch boxes!
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¾ tsp baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup maple syrup (or rice malt syrup if you prefer)
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl beat eggs. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut cream.
- Sift in flour, cacao powder, cinnamon and baking soda.
- Mix to combine.
- Fold in grated zucchini.
- Place mixture in muffin cups within muffin trays (I use ‘If You Care’ large natural parchment cups).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the tops spring back when lightly touched in the middle.
- Cool in pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- Muffins freeze well.
- Sustainable Home Design- factors to consider to maximise sustainability￼ - July 28, 2022
- Advantage and Disadvantages of Tiny Houses - May 31, 2022
- How School Strike 4 Climate is Empowering Youth to Fight for Their Future - May 1, 2022