Like many parents of young children, our weekends are often spent socialising with the under three crowd at birthday parties.
Given our eldest son creates more paintings and drawings than our fridge could ever display, we reuse these as giftwrap. It’s just one small way we reduce our household waste and save ourselves the purchase (and environmental) cost of commercial giftwrap and greeting cards.
Accompanied with a simple card created from his artwork or a giftcard we’ve received, our giftwrap is unique, personal, eco-friendly and cost-effective.
Reusing your child’s artwork is just one way you can eco-fy your gift giving. Here’s some others…..
- Place your gifts in gift bags that can be reused over and over again
- Re-use any gift wrap and ribbon that you receive
- Go without gift wrap altogether and just tie a lovely ribbon around your gift
- Gift experiences rather than physical items (BONUS as they don’t need wrapping)
What’s your best tip for wrapping gifts the eco-friendly way?
- Sustainable Home Design- factors to consider to maximise sustainability￼ - July 28, 2022
- Advantage and Disadvantages of Tiny Houses - May 31, 2022
- How School Strike 4 Climate is Empowering Youth to Fight for Their Future - May 1, 2022