Do you avoid drinking tap water because of the presence of fluoride in your local water supply?
Are you unsure whether or not fluoride in drinking water is good or bad for your health?
Do you want to avoid drinking water that contains fluoride but aren’t sure how you can best protect you, and your children’s teeth, without using fluoride?
If that’s you, you’re in the right place!
In this three-part series on fluoride in drinking water, I’m chatting to both an acclaimed dentist and toxicologist in an effort to uncover the facts and find the information so you can make an informed choice about your drinking water that best suits you and your family.
Podcast: Play In New Window
In Part 1 of my feature on Fluoride in Drinking Water, where I chatted with my guest, acclaimed dentist Dr Agim Hymer, we covered the history and reasons behind adding fluoride to drinking water and the case for water fluoridation. You heard this perspective directly from a medical professional who is deep in the trenches facing the issue of tooth decay in our population day in and day out.
Today, we’re switching to the other side of the fence and I’m chatting with toxicologist, Dr Peter Dingle.
Dr Peter Dingle has spent the past 30 years as a researcher, educator, communicator and author. Formerly an associate professor at Murdoch University, Dr Dingle has written more than a dozen books on living well.
Dr Dingle regularly appears on state and national media. He was the presenter on the award-winning SBS program, “Is Your House Killing You?” and appeared regularly on ABC’s “Can We Help?” Dr Dingle is also the grandfather of the acclaimed “Living Smart” program and the creator of the “StarFoods” food rating system.
Recognised as one of the most informative and entertaining health speakers in Australia, Dr Dingle aims to cut through medical and health myths to give you the real facts on evidence-based wellness. He is known for his straight-shooting style, sense of humour and the occasional magic trick or juggling display.
In this interview you’ll hear Dr Dingle’s thoughts on:
- Why adding fluoride to the drinking water supply is not in the public’s best interest.
- Why adding fluoride to drinking water is a 1950’s mentality and a ‘Band-Aid’ approach to tooth decay and what we should be focussing on instead.
- Why adding fluoride to the drinking water supply is mass medication and an ethical issue in itself.
- The health implications of fluoride consumption on humans….for the current generation and future generations.
- Why the safety factor of fluoride in water supply should be increased.
- Why all water needs to be filtered (including rain water!).
- Why reverse osmosis isn’t the best water filtering process.
- Why drinking water out of plastic bottles is an environmental and health issue.
- And on what may seem like a totally unrelated topic, but it’s not…..Why we need to increase breastfeeding rates in Australia.
You’ve now heard both the case for and against the addition of fluoride to our drinking water supply and while both of my guest experts sit on different sides of the fence, they clearly both agree that we should be doing everything we can to clean up our diets and just eat real food.
Stay tuned to the final instalment in this 3-part series on fluoride in drinking water where I wrap up the issue and provide an overview of water filtering options, should this be something you’d like to consider in your household. You can also download your FREE eguide summarising the findings from this feature here.
- Advantage and Disadvantages of Tiny Houses - May 31, 2022
- How School Strike 4 Climate is Empowering Youth to Fight for Their Future - May 1, 2022
- Everyday Ethical Banking with a B Corp to Make a Bigger Impact - April 12, 2022