It only takes a little bit of creativity and planning to make the most amazing homemade and eco-friendly Christmas gifts!
Last weekend I spent around ten minutes in total making this nourishing, organic handwash infused with Young Living Thieves Oil, for the two lovely ladies who come in for an hour each week and help me keep on top of my housework. These ladies do a little more than help keep my home clean, they free me up so I can run Sustainababy and help inspire mums like you to be ecoceptional! They also value natural products so I thought a nice handwash would be perfect.
I made the recipe I feature in my Home Detox Boot Camp and used Young Living Thieves oil as the essential oil of choice. This oil is the best around for killing bacteria, viruses and other nasties, yet smells amazing and has wonderful immune boosting powers too. To purchase Thieves essential oil, click How to Purchase Young Living Essential Oils.
I was also able to repurpose some old shampoo pump bottles that I had lying around which mde the gift even more eco-friendly!
If you’re keen to make your own handwash, or make some to gift to a friend, you can’t go past this nourishing and creamy recipe:
- 140g (5 oz) bar of pure castile soap (I lOVE DR Bronners’)
- 1.5 litres filtered or distilled water
- Essential oil of your choice
- Grate bar soap using a cheese grater or food processor.
- Heat water in large pot until it boils. Turn heat down once water boils.
- Stir in grated soap until it fuly dissolves.
- Remove mixture off heat and let sit for 12-24 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture will thicken during this time.
- Stir in essential oil of your choice. To purchase Young Living essential oils, click How to Purchase Young Living Essential Oils.
- Pour mixture into soap dispensers.
- Sustainable Home Design- factors to consider to maximise sustainability￼ - July 28, 2022
- Advantage and Disadvantages of Tiny Houses - May 31, 2022
- How School Strike 4 Climate is Empowering Youth to Fight for Their Future - May 1, 2022