If you’re struggling to work out exactly where to draw the line on your journey to a lower tox life, than I have you covered!
Podcast: Play In New Window
Subscribe in iTunes
When we typically first step out on our eco journeys so many of us are keen for information and have a real thirst for knowledge on how we can live cleaner and greener.
Over time this thirst can continue to grow and our quest to remove toxins from our lifestyles can be seen by others to be obsessive. Sometimes, we can start to feel isolated from family and friends who may not be as concerned, knowledgeable or interested in this way of life.
But what is obsessive?
Is it tossing out your entire Tupperware collection? Is it never wearing sunscreen when you venture in to the sun again? Is it never eating food that you haven’t prepared yourself?
In this episode I’m joined by one of Australia’s leading medical professionals, Fertility specialist, gynaecologist and Reproductive Endocrinologist, Dr Natasha Andreadis to chat about this exact issue and the dilemma may people face when it comes to knowing where to draw the line on eco and low tox living.
We chat about:
- Why reducing our exposure to toxins is important,
- Why it’s unrealistic to reduce our exposure to toxins to zero and why getting smart and savvy and taking a risk-based approach is the key,
- How to tell the difference between a reputable and nonreputable website and why you shouldn’t believe everything you read,
- Why we should consider how our bodies get rid of toxins as well as looking at our exposure to toxins, and
- How to handle when family and friends just aren’t on the same page as you and why it’s best to lead by quiet example.
I’d love to hear where you’ve drawn the line….are you all or nothing or have you taken a more risk-based approach? Feel free to share below!
Keen to learn more? Join me and my amazing Home Detox Community in my popular Home Detox Boot Camp.
- Advantage and Disadvantages of Tiny Houses - May 31, 2022
- How School Strike 4 Climate is Empowering Youth to Fight for Their Future - May 1, 2022
- Everyday Ethical Banking with a B Corp to Make a Bigger Impact - April 12, 2022